RULES AND REGULATIONS SUMMER 2010
1. The dartboard shall be standard clock pattern, made of either bristle or elm, in good condition with no defects.
2. The minimum throwing distance will be 7 feet 9 and a quarter inches measured horizontally along the floor to a perpendicular from the face of the board to the further edge from the board of the raised oche or toe line.
Match Board set up
Should be 5’8” from floor to centre of the Bull
Should be 7’9¼ from the face of the board to the throwing line / Oche
Or if measured diagonally it should be 9’7⅜ from the bull to the throwing line
3. A player shall not tread on the raised oche or toe the line.
4. While the league prefers a raised oche it cannot make any demands upon a publican to provide one.
5. The board shall be hung at a height of 5 feet 8 inches from the centre of the bull to the floor, measured perpendicular.
6. If a person is seen not toeing the oche, he will be warned by the caller, and should he subsequently break the rule his or her throw will be deemed as void and no score by the caller.
7. Thrower wishing to know his score shall ask the caller only - not the chalker!! Caller will give score achieved and what is left. If a thrower requires 170 or less, no person other than the caller shall advise the thrower while he or she is on the oche, or during his or her throw.
8. All players must make sure that the correct scores are given before removing their darts from the dart board. No corrections shall be made after the darts have been removed from the board.
9. Order of play
Each match consist of 13 games with one point awarded for each game
Matches to be played in the following order
Game 1&2 (Triples 1v1 , 2v2 701)
Games 3,4 & 5 (Pairs 601) Drawn by card
Games 6-11 (Singles 501) Drawn by card
games 12 & 13 (Triples 1v2 , 2v1 701)
10. After the first game the captain may bring in reserve players (up to four only) but must not alter the original running order of play. Names, including reserve players, must be on the board before 9pm.
11. Match to start at 9pm, teams who have not all arrived by 9pm shall have to play with a depleted side providing there are not less than four players.
12. If a team fails to turn up at all, the opposition will be awarded nine points, if less than twelve hours notice is given, the offending team will also be fined £10.00.
13. As a result of a team being awarded the game, they will receive 9 points providing that they submit a signed result sheet for that game.
14. Surnames must be printed at the side of the board.
15. Away team shall throw first, alternating each game from then on.
16. Before the match starts the home captain shall make sure that the result sheets are signed by both teams, including any reserves.
17. All matches will be played on Thursday nights. No match will be cancelled and rearranged unless it comes under rule 24.
18. The home team shall provide the chalker, away side the caller. The caller being the only person allowed to talk to the player on the oche. This means that the caller is in charge of the relevant game.
19. Each team shall consist of not more than 12 registered players. Each player must sign the registration form plus duplicate copies allocated to their team. No player shall sign or play for any other team within the league while still registered with their team. New players may register with a team up to and including the fourth weak of the season providing that the team has no more than twelve players already registered. After 4 weeks extra players can only be signed at the discretion of the committee.
20. Each team can not sign on more that ONE registered county player. Any anomalies will be decided by the committee.
21. Any team found playing an unregistered player will forfeit point or points to an opponent. If you suspect a “ringer” in the opposition, ask your captain or secretary to insist on seeing the opponent’s copy of their registration form to determine whether the player (s) is legitimate. If they can not produce the form, insist on a copy of the player’s signature and continue with “ringer”. Send specimen copy of the signature to the league secretary for verification. Player (s) caught playing as a “ringer (s)” will be barred from all competition for the rest of the season.
22. It is the responsibility of the captain or person in charge to ensure that the team contains no ringers.
23. The captain or secretary shall always carry a copy of his teams registration form to all league matches and it must be shown to opposing captains if asked.
24. Any club resigning during the season will forfeit all monies.
25. Anything not covered in these rules which may arise during the season will be subject to a ruling which will be decided by an elected committee whose decision shall be deemed final and not overturned by the floor.
26. Any dispute should be brought to the attention of the league secretary in writing (by hand or email) not more than seven days after the dispute. After this time no protests will be valid.
27. Winners and runners up of each division will receive 8 league trophies.
28. In the event of tie at the end of the season, a 1 match play off will be played at a neutral venue.
29. Once a player has played for a team he/she can not transfer to another team in the same season.
30. Any team dropping out in the first half of the season will have all there points deducted. Any team dropping out in the second half of the season will have their points deducted from the half way point.
31. Four points will be deducted from teams not attending league meetings.
32. Any team not turning up for two matches on the trot will forfeit their place in the league. This will take into account two consecutive away matches also.
33. Minimum age limit is 16 years of age.
34. Teams wishing to participate will pay £5 a month in a raffle in which there will be a number of cash prizes drawn for at the end of season presentation.
Any team owing monies to the league or not attending the presentation will not be entered into the draw.
35. The Home captains will provide the secretary with the match result by noon the following Sunday. Failure to do this will result in a two point penalty. Times for telephoning are Fridays and Saturdays until 9pm and noon on Sunday. On weekends when there is a league meeting Captains should phone their result in by 9pm on the Friday.
36. After the match captains should swap the yellow copies and bring their own white copy to the monthly meetings. These sheets to include 180 scores, all games won and the highest finish. Opposing sheets must be signed by captains to verify scores before exchanging.
37. The league committee will not condone any kind of violent behaviour at dart matches, league meetings, and presentations or knock out competitions. Any member found guilty of such conduct will be brought before the committee which may result in the member being banned from the league. This includes both verbal and physical abuse to any committee person or their representative.
38. The season’s subscriptions must be paid at time of registration.
39. All teams are expected to support their presentation.
A Minimum of 4 Tickets MUST be purchased by each Team.
|Powered by web analytics software.|